The end result of baking cornbread is truly impressive despite the fact that the recipe is not particularly complicated. The dish is loaded with the signature flavor that it is known for, and the addition of cheese and bacon gives it a delectable richness that elevates it to the next level. The best part is that cornbread can be easily prepared ahead of time, and all that needs to be done to finish it off is to bake it before serving. Because of this, it is an excellent choice for hosting gatherings, as it releases the host’s time on the day of the event. This dish is sure to be a hit no matter what meal you serve it with, be it brunch, lunch, or dinner. Don’t be afraid to give it a shot the next time you’re in need of an innovative and simple recipe to wow your guests; you won’t be disappointed!
Uncomplicated in every way. The wonderful thing about this recipe is that it can be easily adapted to suit whichever tastes you have in mind. A dish can be made sweeter, for instance, by increasing the amount of sugar or honey that is used in the recipe. Simply add more salt to taste if you like your food on the savory side. This dish can either be a side dish or a main course depending on how it is prepared. It is very versatile. Therefore, the next time you are looking for a recipe that is both simple and satisfying, give this one a shot!
Grandma's Bisquick Cornbread
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 3 tbsp Cornmeal
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- The oven should be preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the ground sausage, Bisquick mix, and shredded cheese in a sizable bowl.
- Create several balls of moderate sizes out of the mixture.
- The balls should be put on baking pans.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with your preferred dip on the side!
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- Place a rack in the oven and preheat to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the cast iron pan or baking dish in the oven to heat up after lightly greasing with butter.
- Mix the Bisquick mixture, butter, and milk together in a big bowl.
- Add the eggs to the mixture.
- Mix thoroughly, just enough to merge (please do not mix excessively as that can cause problems).
- Carefully remove the "hot" pan or dish from the oven before adding the batter to it.
- Bake until the top of the cornbread starts to turn brown or for about 20-25 minutes.
- Wait for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.