Who doesn’t enjoy a juicy and delicious cheeseburger? The savory flavor of the beef, the sharpness of the cheese, the tanginess of the pickles, and the zing of the mustard all come together to create a taste that is simply impossible to resist. This recipe for Cheeseburger Pie is the ideal method for appreciating all of those flavors in a dish that is hearty and reassuring. This pie, which features flavorful ground beef, cheese, pickles, mustard, and a thick covering of Bisquick, is sure to win over the palates of even the most finicky eaters. The name “impossible pie” comes from the fact that the batter, which is made with Bisquick, serves both as the bottom crust and as the foundation for the fluffy and cheesy topping. Don’t let the name deceive you. This dish is anything but complicated to make. In fact, it’s quite the opposite – it’s simple and sure to please everyone in your household. The next time you’re looking for a meal that fits those criteria, give Cheeseburger Pie a try. You won’t regret it! It’s the perfect blend of all the classic flavors you love in a cheeseburger in an easy-to-make pie form. What’s not to love? So next time you’re faced with the challenge of making dinner, don’t reach for something boring or mundane. Instead, opt for something delicious and satisfying – go for Cheeseburger Pie!
Bisquick Cheeseburger Pie with Crust
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 2 tbsp Garlic (minced)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Dill pickle relish
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Bisquick
- ½ cup Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use a deep pie pan for baking.
- Place a big saucepan on medium heat.
- Add the ground beef, onion, garlic, salt & pepper to the saucepan.
- Using a wooden spoon, keep breaking the ground beef and stir until it is brown.
- Drain the majority of the fat from the beef when it has finished cooking.
- Add the relish and mustard.
- Add the beef mixture to the pie pan and add the cheddar cheese
- Mix the Bisquick, milk and eggs together in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the mixture to the pie pan on top of the beed and cheese mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the top is golden and crusty.
- Slice and serve warm. If you desire, you can garnish with freshly chopped parsley or green onions.
Cheeseburger Pie with Biscuits
- 8 Biscuits in a tube of buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1 Onion (thinly sliced)
- ⅛ ounce Tomato sauce
- ¼ cup Ketchup
- 2 cup Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 tbsp Butter (melted)
- 2 tbsp Parsley (chopped for garnish)
- Salt & Pepper
- Brown ground beef and onion slices in a medium sized pan over medium heat.
- Allow to drain, then add to the skillet.
- Add the salt, pepper, tomato sauce and ketchup to the beef in the skillet.
- Simmer for 10 minutes while lowering the heat.
- Mix the milk, eggs and Bisquick together in a small mixing bowl.
- Add half of the beef mixture into a baking dish and add half of the cheese.
- Open the biscuit package, then arrange the biscuits around the outer edge of the dish.
- Use a pastry brush to apply melted butter on the biscuits.
- Add the rest of the beef mixture and add the Bisquick mixture.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until it is golden on top.
- Serve warm. Add parsley for garnsish.