A dinner party is an excellent occasion for getting together with friends and family to share a meal and to take pleasure in each other’s company while doing so. On the other hand, if you are the one who is in charge of hosting the party, it can be a source of anxiety for you. The menu is one of the most important aspects that you need to think about. You will want to make certain that everyone will find something to their liking at the event. A wonderful choice is one that consists of chicken and dumplings. This dish is the epitome of the term “comfort food.” In addition to being hearty and filling, it possesses an air of coziness and welcome. In addition, it is not too difficult to prepare. Put the chicken, celery, carrots, onions, and parsley into a pot and cover it with water. Simmer the mixture over low heat until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked through. Then you should put in some dumplings and let them cook for a while so that they become delicious and airy. Your dinner guests will be wowed by your culinary expertise, and they will go home from your dinner party feeling content and pleased with their experience.
When it comes to putting together a hearty and flavorful meal, there are few things that are more gratifying than making dumplings. And despite the fact that it may appear as though they require a great deal of time and effort to make, the reality is that Bisquick mix can be used to make light and airy dumplings that are the ideal topping for any dish. You can prepare dumplings that will dazzle your guests and leave them wanting more with just a few basic ingredients and very little effort on your part. If you’re looking to cut down on the amount of time you spend in the kitchen the next time, grab a box of Bisquick mix and use it to make some fluffy dumplings that will take your dish to the next level.
Chicken and Dumplings with Bisquick and Carrots
- 1 lb Chicken (breasts, thighs, drumstick or wings can be used for this recipe)
- ½ tbsp Salt
- ½ tbsp Pepper
- 1 cup Chicken stock
- 1 cup Milk
- ½ lb Carrots (chopped)
- 1 Thyme
- 2 cup Bisquick mix
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- ½ lb Celery (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Garlic (minced)
- ⅙ cup Parsley (chopped)
- Pre heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and place into a big Dutch oven.
- Add the chicken stock, celery, carrots, garlic and parsley.
- Cook in the oven for 40 to 45mins, or until the chicken is well cooked.
- Take out the chicken and veggies from the oven.
- Mix Bisquick, milk, and butter to make the batter
- Use a spoon of the mixture and make dumpling by rolling it in your hand
- Add the dumplings to the chicken and veggies and place the mixture in the preheated oven and allowed to bake until the dumplings turn golden brown.
- Serve with some fresh chopped parsley sprinkled on top!
Chicken and Dumplings
- 1 lb Chicken, chopped into pieces
- 1 cup Celery, chopped
- 1 Medium carrot, sliced
- 1 Small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp Chili pepper
- 2½ cup Water
- 2 cup Bisquick
- 1 cup Milk
- Remove any excess fat from the chicken.
- Place the chicken, water, parsley, carrot, celery, onions, salt and pepper in the Ducth oven.
- Cover, bring to boil, then lower the heat. Cook until chicken is fully coocked.
- Mix the Bisquick, milk and salt.
- Make the dumplings by selecting one spoon of the mixture and rolling in your hand.
- Add the dumplings into the chicken and broth and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until the dumplings are fully cooked.
- Serve warm!