The aroma of fresh apples being caramelized in a hot pan is unlike anything else in the world. And when those apples are made into tender fritters that are golden in color, the end result is something that will make you want to drool. However, despite the fact that apple fritters might appear to be a challenging dish to prepare, the Bisquick Apple Fritters recipe makes the process surprisingly straightforward. This recipe makes twelve mouthwatering fritters, each of which is loaded with chunks of fresh apple and drizzled with a sugary glaze. You don’t need to look any further than this recipe for a show-stopping autumn dessert because Bisquick has you covered with their Apple Fritters.
It is abundantly clear that autumn has arrived when the leaves begin to alter their color, and the air begins to become chillier. And what more fitting way to celebrate the upcoming holiday than with a mouthwatering sweet treat? The Apple Fritters from Bisquick is the ideal dessert because they are packed with all of the flavors that fall has to offer. Fresh apples, cinnamon, and nutmeg are used in the preparation of the fritters, which are then fried until they reach the desired level of crispiness. If you serve them hot with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream on top, you will have a dish that is sure to be a conversation starter. If you want to wow your guests with a dessert this fall, look no further than Bisquick’s Apple Fritters. They will not disappoint.
Home-made Apple Fritters
- Olive oil
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1.5 oz cold water
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 cup apples (peeled and diced)
- 1 cup sugar (for the cinnamon sugar coating)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup powdered sugar for coating
- 1 cup milk
- In a deep fryer or a saucepan, heat oil to 350°F. While the oil heats, prepare the fritters.
- In a large bowl, combine the Bisquick mix, water, egg, granulated sugar, and cinnamon.
- Fold in the sliced apples into the batter mix.
- Working in batches, drop batter by tablespoonfuls into hot oil.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes, turning occasionally, or until golden brown.
- Remove the fritters from the oil using a metal slotted spoon, then let them sieve for a moment.
- Roll in the mixed ingredients right away if you’re using the cinnamon sugar coating.
- While still warm, savor the fritters.
- Let the fritters cool if you’re using a glaze covering. The glaze should not immediately melt off. Once the fritters have cooled, roll them in the glaze and set them on a cooling rack with a baking sheet or piece of wax paper below to catch any glaze drips that may occur.
- Enjoy the fritters after the glaze is dried.
Apple Fritters Nibbles
- 1 cup Apples (peeled, sliced and chopped)
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 2 tbsp sugar crystals
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- ½ cup powdered sugar (for coating)
- Heat the oil in a pan or deep-fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix the Bisquick, sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a big bowl.
- Pour the eggs, vanilla, milk, and butter into the dry ingredients in the big bowl.
- Combine the wet ingredients and dry ingredients together using a whisk to carefully mix them.
- Stir the mixed ingredients together with a spatula until they are fully incorporated together.
- Add the apples into the mix as the batter is being folded.
- Add a tablespoon of the batter into the hot oil.
- Each side of the fritters should turn golden brown in about 30 seconds.
- Remove from the oil once it has turned golden brown, and place on paper towels to drain.
- The fritters should be dipped in sugar before cooling on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.